Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dear Margo: Too Close for Comfort

My husband and I have just been ‘dismissed’ by people we considered our friends. What should we do? Margo Howard’s advice

Margo Howard | 10/21/2010 12:00 am

Too Close for Comfort

Dear Margo: My experience has been that friendships are transitory and people don’t put in the work to maintain them. For this reason, my husband and I are pretty much loners. We have many acquaintances but few friends.

This year, while traveling abroad, we met a couple (30 years younger). My husband struck up a strong friendship with the woman, and her husband and I got along nicely. I was delighted my husband had made a friend. The age difference didn’t seem to matter, and we are all financially comfortable. We traveled together for about two weeks. Later, they came to visit us. We took them on a road trip through national parks. It was a great vacation, and they sent ...

Source: http://www.wowowow.com/life/dear-margo-too-close-comfort-503908

BART STUPAK BASKETBALL BATTLEGROUND: PENNSYLVANIA BEAU BIDEN

No comments:

Post a Comment