Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fat Woman Slams Idea of Fat Hate Crime Laws

By FabulousFatty

I was just talking the other day about fat hate crimes with a close friend of mine and now all of a sudden they are seriously trying to go to the legislature about passing laws where it is unlawful to discriminate against fat people. Come on guys, really?

Fat people have been laughed at, stared at, made fun of, gawked at, insulted and teased for years and years. Are we really that weak that we need to go running to the government because someone called us fat??

I have been fat all my life. Boo hoo. I am 29 years old, a mother and happily married. People stare at me when I go into the grocery store or the gas station, you hold your head up and you smile at the haters and you live your life. It does not make any sense to me that we as people are so quick in recent history to just run to get laws made and passed because people are picking on us.

I thoroughly believe that you get out of life what you put into it. 5 years ago I weighed almost 600 pounds. I could not do anything for myself. I have always been an emotional eater and my weight issues was about 40% genetic and 60% cupcakes, candy bars, pizza, pasta, and soda.

If you do not want people to harrass you about your weight, lose it. I'm down to about 360 pounds now and although people still look at me because I'm still fat, I have learned that as long as you treat others as you want to be treated about 80% of the population you run into is going to treat you just fine.

It annoys me so much that we are such a crybaby society now. Ok, you don't look like barbie so Victoria's Secret wouldn't give you a job.. well duh, you have to live on crackers and water to look like that. (Okay not really but - Ok I'm sorry.) Anyways, in order for people to respect you as fat as you may be, you need to respect yourself and love you for you. I would like to think that our society has grown out of pettiness about appearances but in reality it has not.

Beauty comes in all shapes, colors, sizes, ages and genders. Embrace you for you and you may be suprised how many people around you will embrace back.

ENGLISH DICTIONARY ENTERTAINMENT ENTREPRENEURS ENVIRONMENT

No comments:

Post a Comment