Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dear Margo: Other People's Sex Lives

Is there an end in sight to the war over gay rights?

Margo Howard | 11/12/2010 12:00 am

Other People’s Sex Lives

Dear Margo: As a bi woman, I’ve encountered prejudice from homosexuals and heterosexuals.

I was startled and hurt the first time I heard a rant against bisexuality from a lesbian (on a gay and lesbian radio program, no less). Although there is less hostility now, the ugly misconceptions just do not seem to falter. I’m not on a crusade — I’ve lived a free and full life among people for whom this is not an issue. I am thinking of the young bi folks who don’t leave home at the age of 17, as I did in 1962, to live freely in an urban (and urbane) setting. The harder society makes it for people to acknowledge their non-heterosexuality, the more ...

Source: http://www.wowowow.com/life/dear-margo-other-peoples-sex-lives-508876

CALIFORNIA CAMERA PHONE CAMPAIGN FINANCE CAMPBELL BROWN: ELECTION CENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment