Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Liz Smith: Remembering Rita Hayworth

Also from Our Gossip Girl: Oliver Stone’s next conspiracy movie ? The Marilyn murder? ? Put it in the ‘Want Ads’ ladies ? Edna Wright is still sizzling

Liz Smith | 09/27/2010 12:00 am

Liz Smith

"HATE IS a very exciting emotion, haven’t you noticed? I hate you too, Johnny. I hate you so much I think I’m going to die from it."

That was Rita Hayworth, whispering to Glenn Ford in the classic 1946 film noir, "Gilda." It is only one of dozens of lines of dialogue from that movie that have passed into film history. ("Haven’t you heard about me? If I’d been a ranch they would have called me the Bar Nothing.")

Rita Hayworth was one of the most glorious and tragic movie stars of all time. The original "Love Goddess" whose picture was pasted onto the first atomic bomb, and ...

DEVAL PATRICK DEVELOPING STORY DGA DHS

No comments:

Post a Comment